Mustard has been the long-time favorite American condiment. It pairs well with meats, cheeses, sandwiches, bratwursts and of course, beer! This spicy beer mustard recipe will surely knock your sandwich’s socks off. The addition of Double Vision Doppelbock gives the spicy mustard depth. Please share what you paired this mustard alongside.
- 1/3 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup Double Vision Doppelbock, divided
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
In a small bowl, cover yellow and brown mustard seeds with vinegar and 1/2 cup of beer. Cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a small saucepan, mix together remaining ½ cup of beer, sugar, honey, salt, turmeric, and allspice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- In the jar of a blender add mustard seeds with their soaking liquid and cooled mixture from saucepan. Puree until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate overnight before using.
Original recipe: Serious Eats