It should be a known fact that the spring season demands lemon bars. The tartness of lemon along with the freshness of Lost Continent Double IPA make these bars a quick, portable dessert to bring to any event. Pucker up!
If you haven’t visited The Beeroness, you are missing out! This amazing woman provides gourmet recipes for any gathering. Using our Lost Continent, we put her Double IPA Lemon Bar recipe to the test. The recipe passed with flying colors. We altered the recipe just a bit to enhance the flavors of lemon and the bitterness from our Lost Continent Double IPA.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 80 minutes
Yield: 16 bars
Yield: 16 bars
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- pinch salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 ½ tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup Lost Continent Double IPA beer
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Mix flour, powdered sugar, butter and salt by hand using a food processor until well combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a greased 8×8 pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar, flour and corn starch. Stir in the lemon juice, zest and Lost Continent. Pour the mixture over the cooled crust.
- Bake until the center has set, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes then refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before cutting. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- Serve with a 4-oz taster of Lost Continent Double IPA.
Please visit The Beeroness for the original recipe as well as other delicious recipes.