- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup Lazy Marmot Maibock beer
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbs salt
- 2 ice cubes (about 2-3 tbs water)
- 2 large jalapenos, thinly sliced*
- 1 large pear, peeled and slicedjulienne
- 1 sour dough baguette, sliced
- 4 wt oz Chevre goat cheese
- 3 tbs raw honey
- 2 tsp smoked maldon salt
- In a pot over medium high heat add the vinegar, beer, sugar and salt. Stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved, removefrom heat.
- Add the ice cubes and stir until melted and the liquid has reached about room temperature.
- Add the jalapenos and pears to a small bowl (use separate bowls if you want the pears not to be spicy, if you pickled them together the pears will also have heat), pour the liquid over the jalapenos and pears, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Preheat the broiler on your oven.
- Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet. Place under the broiler until lightly golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip the slices over and place back under the broiler until browned, about an additional 2 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Spread each slice with goat cheese.
- Drain the jalapenos and pears.
- Add two to three slices of pears and jalapenos to each bread slice.
- Drizzle generously with honey then sprinkle with smoked salt.
Please see the original recipe here thanks to The Beeroness.